Sugar Cure for Pork, Bacon, Ham
- Ready In:
- Double this mix as much as you have meat.
- Weigh down meat so that it remains covered.
- Be sure to boil plent of water day before so it is good and cold.
- Put your meat in wood barrels or vinegar stone crocks.
- Leave small boned meat chunks submerged for 2 days.
- Bacon submerged for 4 days.
- Cut hams and shoulders 14 days.
- Whole hams 21 days.
- Storage area must be extremely cold, but not freezing to prevent fermentation.
- After submersion, run thick thread through corner of meats and hang in smokehouse.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a transplant from the USA living in Belgium.I've been over here now for almost 11 years so the "missing" things from home has kind of wore off. I love cookbooks, especially the local hometown, church or organization books and have a good collection going! Not married but sharing a home, never had kids but "adopted" the ex's kids as my own, learned Dutch now trying Italian so I can keep up with the cookbooks!!