SUCRE À La CRÈME Aka BUTTER & CREAM FUDGE
photo by clubfoody
- Ready In:
- 2 cups brown sugar, sifted
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons butter (plus more to grease container)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (substitute maple extract)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a 4-liter bowl microwave-proof, combine butter and cream. Cook on “High” for 1 minute. Stir in brown sugar, icing sugar, flour and cream of tartare. Transfer back to the microwave and cook on “High” for 2 minutes, stirring half way through cooking. Add vanilla and stir again. Cook on “High” for 4 to 4 ½ minutes, stirring half way through.
- To know if it’s ready, take a very small amount of butter & cream fudge and drop it in cold water. If it forms a small ball and seizes then it’s ready otherwise, return it to the microwave for another 30 seconds. Add chopped walnuts, stir quickly and transfer to a greased bowl 9 x 4 (loaf pan) or silicone square mold. Let it cool for 30 minutes before chilling in the fridge until set and firm, about 2 hours. Cut into squares and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
clubfoody.com is about combining fresh ingredients, herbs and spices. This is a fun destination for foodies who love new recipes complete with videos and kitchen tips.