LIMONCELLO CRÈME BRÛLÉE
photo by clubfoody
- Ready In:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fleur de sel
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, plus more for toppings
- 2 ounces limoncello
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or a clean kitchen towel so they don’t slide. Set ramekins on top.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add cream, vanilla bean, lemon zest and salt; bring the mixture to the point just before it starts simmering. Turn off the heat and let it steep for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar; whisk until well blended.
- Discard vanilla pod and slowly pour hot cream into egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly to temper the eggs. Stir in limoncello. Strain mixture through a fine sieve; discard. Pour custard evenly into ramekins and carefully transfer the baking dish to the oven. Pour hot water 2/3 up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake until just set with a slight jiggle in the center, about 30 to 35 minutes for shallow ramekins (about 1-inch high) and 35 to 40 minutes for taller ramekins (about 2-inches high).
- Carefully remove ramekins from water and cool on a wire rack. When cool, place on a baking sheet lined with silicone mat and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.
- Just before serving or up to 2 hours before serving, sprinkle sugar (1 tablespoons per shallow ramekin) evenly over the surface. Using a torch or broiler, heat until the sugar melts and caramelizes. Makes 6 ramekins.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
clubfoody.com is about combining fresh ingredients, herbs and spices. This is a fun destination for foodies who love new recipes complete with videos and kitchen tips.