photo by pinoyhapagkainan
- Ready In:
3 large squid
- 3 large squid, cleaned
- 1⁄2 cup shrimp, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced into small cubes
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- Pull the head and squeeze to remove the ink sack and set aside.
- Remove both eye and the beak in the center of the tentacle.
- Marinate the squid in soya sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper for 30 about Minutes.
- Put the head in boiling water and cook until tender, then chop into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, then add garlic,onion, tomato, chopped tentacles and shrimp,and sautéd for few minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, add flour mixture keep stirring . Cook for another 2 minutes. Set aside. Let cool.
- Then stuff the squids with the above mixture. Secure the ends with a toothpicks.
- Heat up another wok; add oil and shallow fry squid for 3 minutes on each side.
Cooking Tips :
- For dipping sauce, combined soya with lemon juice and birds eye chilli.
- You can add or use fish sauce instead of salt.
- For thicker sauce, combine 3 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp balsamic or Chinese black vinegar, 2 tsp honey and a small ginger finely chopped.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!