Stuffed Mexican Chicken
- Ready In:
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded until thin
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup canned jalapeno slices, chopped
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
bread crumb mixture
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine bread crumb ingredients in a ziplock bag.
- Dip chicken breast into melted butter then shake in bread crumb mixture.
- Lay chicken pieces flat and put cheese and chopped jalapeno slices on top.
- Fold and fasten with toothpick.
- Place in 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered for 40 minutes.
Join The Conversation
Hot stuff! I did nake a few changes. I used thighs with bone, skin removed. I put a slit in the meat place monteray jack cheese in the slit, secure it closed with toothpicks. Then rub with olive oil and breaded with the breadcrumb mixture.They did take 50-60 minutes to cook. They were tender, juicy, and cheese creamy! Thanks for posting!