Stuffed Chicken Wrapped in Bacon Served With Gravy
photo by Nimz_
- Ready In:
- Note: I couldn't get it to accept gravy amounts. I use bisto gray and I use 2-3 Tablespoons for a thicker gravy, But just prepare according to the brand you buy.
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to flatten slightly (about 1/4 inch).
- Add chicken stock and butter to cup and pour 1/2 cup of boiled water in, to dissolve. Prepare stuffing according to pack remembering to minus the 1/2 cup of water already added.
- Divide stuffing equally among breasts fold breast over to cover and wrap 3 bacon slices around each breast to secure.
- Lightly oil a baking dish and place breast inside. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180c for 35-45 Min's or until chicken is cooked through.
- Make gravy and serve.
- I serve mine with garlic buttered vegetables, buttery corn on the cob and chicken gravy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent flavors and so easy to put together. I used Stove Top Savory Herb Stuffing Mix which we love and I had some delicious Applewood Smoked Bacon which added a nice flavor to this dish. I microwaved my bacon for about 2 1/2 minutes before wrapping my chicken breast and that worked out very well. Served with remaining stuffing and sweet corn for a great meal. Thanks for sharing. Will make this one again. Made for the Feb. Aussie Swap :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a pilot based in Switzerland who loves to cook and experiment with all kinds of foods from around the world. <br /> <br />I love throwing parties and intimate dinner parties especially seeing how much people enjoy themselves. <br /> <br />I love the ooutdoors and sports and to travel, although I haven't crossed off every place I want to visit in the world. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/MEMBEROFTHEWEEK-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr336/jess4freedom/Zaar%20banners/ANZ-MakeMyRecipe.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pictSF7ey-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pick0GuXD-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n191/bb_babe626/AUST5.jpg alt= /></p> <p> </p> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/deb112.gif/][IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9095/deb112.gif[/IMG][/URL]</div> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]</div>