Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Pesto Cream Sauce
photo by Sageca
- Ready In:
- Pound chicken breasts to an even 1/4 inch thickness and set aside.
- Snap off tough bottoms of asparagus.
- Place in boiling water and cover for 1 minute.
- Drain, rinse with cold water; then pat dry.
- Cut asparagus 3 inch lengths.
- Cut cheese into sticks 1/2 inch high x 1/2 inch wide by 3 inches long.
- Set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan and pine nuts in a bowl.
- In another bowl beat eggs with a fork.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Place a stick of colby and an asparagus spear next to one long edge of each breast.
- Roll breast around ingredients tucking in ends to form a neat package.
- Secure with a toothpick if necessary.
- Dip each package in egg and then in breadcrumb mixture.
- Make a double coating by dipping again into egg then crumbs.
- Place packages in a baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- While the chicken is baking combine pesto and cream in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce 2 minutes until lightly thickened.
- Serve pesto cream sauce over stuffed chicken breasts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is so good and easy to prepare. I love the Zaar feature that you can click and the recipe adjusts for 2. I used my own frozen pesto and cheddar cheese(didn't have Colby).My husband raved about it.That means: save this recipe! I did let the rolls set in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before baking. You can serve this to company and look like a star. I am not sure of the picture but I posted it anyways. Thanks for sharing this one. Rita
This was fabulous! I made this as written except that I used 4 large chicken breasts instead of six small ones. The sauce looks so elegant and looks as if you spent an hour creating it, who would know that you just mix two ingredients together to make it! My picky-eater daughter scarfed this, as we all did. Thanks Geema, this is going into the permanent file!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Life often interupts our comfortable routines in very unexpected ways and in the past three years I've certainly faced some challenges. As a health nut who ate mostly vegetarian I was beyond shocked to discover that I was diabetic. <img title=Yell src=../tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif border=0 alt=Yell /> I shouted and rebelled and cried. But the good news is that I can control my glucose levels simply by eating very low carb. What a complete turn around it was to pass up all my high carb vegetarian foods like grains, and veggies and embrace meat! <img title=Surprised src=../tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-surprised.gif border=0 alt=Surprised /> I've adjusted to this limited diet and thanks to Zaar can eat a nice variety of healthful meals.</p> <p> The next challenge was a freakish fall I took while in New York with my daughter that left me paralyzed and in much pain. I thank God that I am so much better today after more than two years recovery, with total mobility and just some minor pain in my arms and hands. Cooking and communicating here was not really on my priority list. But, I am back in action and ready to cook, take photos, and enjoy this wonderful community of friends.<img title=Laughing src=../tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif border=0 alt=Laughing /></p> <p>My husband and I continue to enjoy our grandchildren and being closely involved with their day to day activities. I am also the proud owner of a sweet grey and white cat who came to my door as a little kitten 6 months ago. Her name is Bonny and you can read her story here: <a href=http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ps/3/g7hopubcqxji7ub0y6fg target=_blank>http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ps/3/g7hopubcqxji7ub0y6fg</a>.</p> <p> When I have time for myself, I love to do all things artistic...drawing, pastels, paper craft, scrapbooking, and most recently jewelry making. I have set up a website on ETSY ( shown on this page by my website)and you can go there and see my creations.<img title=Cool src=../tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif border=0 alt=Cool /><br /><br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><br /><a href=http://photobucket.com target=_blank><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/houdini6.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /></a> <br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%203/ZWT3-Participation.gif alt= /></p>