Stuffed Chicken Breast (Scd)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 6 half chicken breasts (no bone, no skin, pounded thin)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped spinach (finely chopped or shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese (sharp cheddar, pepper jack or Swiss)
- 1 egg
- Breading mixture - Mix the Breading ingredients in a bowl.
- Stuffing mixture- In another bowl mix the 1/2 cup almond flour, spinach and cheese with the egg.
- Dust one chicken breast with the breading mixture covering both sides of the chicken. Take about 2 heaping tablespoons of the stuffing mixture and roll it up in the breast. Secure the roll with about 3 toothpicks. Put a little olive oil in the bottom of a casserole dish and place the rolls in there.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve with salad and steamed broccoli.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was really pleased with this recipe. I use almond "flour" alot in my cooking due to the low carb lifestyle my husband and I follow. I followed the recipe to the T however; used a beaten egg to dip the chicken rolls in prior to rolling them in "breading" to help adhere the "breading" mixture since almond flour doesn't have the same weight and texture of regular wheat flour. I cooked the chicken for 45 minutes rather which is probably due to the thickness of my meat and the size of each flattened piece of chicken. The chicken was very moist! I plan on varying this recipe such as using cream cheese as the binding agent, I think the options are limitless. Thank you so much for this recipe! Made for PAC Spring 2011.