Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 2 heads cabbage, boiled until leaves are soft
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- Separate the cabbage leaves once the heads are cool - remove hard spine.
- Saute garlic and onions until carmelized - set aside to cool.
- Mix ground beef, onion & garlic, egg, white rice and salt and pepper in large bowl.
- In a large casserole dish spread a thin layer of tomato sauce.
- Place about 1/4 cup of beef mixture and place in the cabbage leaf, roll up like you would an egg roll so that the mixture does not fall out.
- place each roll in pan, stacking if necessary.
- cover with remaining tomato sauce.
- Bake in 300 degree oven for 1 hour 45 minutes or until beef is done and leaves are soft.
- serve warm/hot with additional sauce over top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!