photo by alligirl
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
1 1/2 cups
- 1⁄2 lb fresh strawberries, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar
- Place strawberries and sugar into a blender or small food processor. Pulse on high until strawberries and sugar are pulverized (add a bit of the vinegar if necessary). Add the vinegar and blend until completely mixed.
- Allow the strawberry-vinegar mixture to sit in the blender for one hour (this will allow the strawberry flavor to infuse the vinegar).
- After the hour is up, pour the mixture through a fine sieve lined with a piece of cheesecloth. Allow to drain completely, using a spoon to push the vinegar through the cheesecloth if necessary.
- This vinegar may be kept in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Deb, I just love how you have a knack for finding/sharing recipes that I NEED to make! This is fabulous! I bought some last winter at a bazaar, and have been dreading the day that I finished the bottle off, but no more! This is THAT! Perfectly wonderful, I have mine on a mixed green salad and just loved it! I did reduce the recipe by half, as it is only good for a week. That means I'll get a salad that I'll love everyday for lunch! YAY! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe, Deb, which is going straight into my 'Best of '13'!