Strawberry Vanilla Bread
photo by Juju Bee
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 cup corn oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 6 eggs
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 4 cups frozen strawberries, thawed (reserve juice)
- In mixer bowl combine sugar, corn oil and vanilla pudding.
- Blend on medium speed, add eggs on low speed. Then mix on medium speed until mixture is creamy.
- Combine dry ingredients and add 1 cup at a time on low speed, mixing thoroughly.
- Add strawberries and 3/4 cup juice; mix well.
- Pour into loaf pans; bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The dough for this bread was VERY thick, it did make two loaves like you guessed. I did chop my thawed strawberries a bit before adding it to the dough. I am not sure if that made a difference or not. The flavor of the bread was not bad but just not as sweet as I was expecting, so I added powdered sugar to the top and it helped a lot. Thanks Marg for this recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the changes to the email notifications and removal of private messaging, I am no longer able to respond to questions about my recipes. Yet another feature change that has made the website less user friendly. It's sad to watch a fantastic site deteriorate over the years. Some of my recipes are on my blog.