Strawberry Pecan Muffins
I found this delicious recipe in 'Chef John Folse's Plantation Celebrations', the cookbook I received from Luby in the latest cookbook swap. These are really quick and easy to throw together but don't over beat the dough. If your strawberries are very ripe you may want to sauté them in the oil before adding them to the milk/egg mixture. That will keep the muffins from being soggy. This recipe makes 12 regular sized or 6 large muffins.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup chopped strawberry
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, mix milk, egg and oil with a whisk until well-blended; fold in strawberries and pecans.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture and stir with a fork gently until well moistened; DO NOT beat this batter.
- Drop equal amounts into well greased muffin tins until about 2/3 full (12 regular or 6 large).
- Bake on center oven rack for 20-25 minutes or until done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Definitely not sweet enough. I was a little surprised that it only called for 2 tbsp of sugar, but I followed the recipe anyway. They were also impossible to peel away from the cupcake liners and the bottoms had solidified completely. I ended up salvaging the bunch by making a strawberry glaze to go on the top just to sweeten it up and give it any flavor.Reply