Pecan Crusted Chicken With Praline Cream
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- In heavy saucepan heat oil over medium heat.
- Combine flour and pecans and season to taste using salt, pepper, thyme and basil.
- In mixing bowl combine egg, water and milk.
- Using a wire whisk whip ingredients until well blended.
- Season eggwash with salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in eggwash and then in pecan flour shaking off excess.
- Pan fry chicken until golden brown on both sides or approximately 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon of oil from skillet keeping pan drippings.
- Add pecans and saute 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and deglaze with praline liqueur.
- Return to flame being careful as liqueur will ignite.
- Add heavy whipping cream and bring to rolling boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Reduce cream to one half volume.
- Season to taste using salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breast in the center of a ten inch plate and top with 2 ounces of the praline cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Living in the south we are very lucky to have an abundance of fresh seafood and other ingredients at our disposal when trying new recipes. My husband and I both love to cook and have learned a lot about cooking from our native Louisianian, Paul Prudhomme (we learned to be very careful with his recipes as they are very spicy - even for us), native New Orleanian, Frank Davis and transplanted Emeril Lagasse. It would be very difficult to pick an all time favorite cookbook since I have approximately 200. I enjoy collecting local cookbooks as well as others from different areas. This picture is obviously when DH and I got married. I cooked all the food and even made my wedding cake.