- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
8 half-pint jars
- 2 medium valencia oranges
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 1⁄2 cups crushed strawberries (about 1 quart)
- 2 tablespoons strained fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 7 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package liquid pectin
- Using a zester, remove only the outer colored peel of the oranges and lemon.
- Peel the fruit, removing all of the white pith.
- Separate the orange and lemon segments from the white membrane and remove any seeds; discard the membrane; chop the fruit and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange and lemon peels and ¼ cup water; let soak for 10 minutes; drain the peel and discard the water.
- In an 8-quart pan, combine the drained peel, chopped oranges and lemon, and ½ cup water.
- Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil; decrease heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in strawnerries, lemon juice, and butter; gradually stir in sugar.
- Heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium-high; bring the mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in liquid pectin; return mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat; skim off any foam.
- To prevent floating fruit, allow marmalade to cool 5 minutes before filling jars.
- Gently stir the marmalade to distribute the fruit.
- Ladle the marmalade into hot jars, leaving ¼ inch headspace.
- Wipe the jar rims and threads with a clean, damp cloth.
- Cover with hot lids and apply screw rings.
- Process half-pint jars in a 200° water bath for 10 minutes; pint jars for 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!