Strawberry-Macadamia Nut Muffins
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted (5 1/3 Tbsp.)
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Grease the bottoms only of 12 standard-size muffin cups, or line with paper wrappers; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the the milk, melted butter, and egg.
- Stir in the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt just until combined; do not overmix.
- Gently fold in the strawberries and macadamia nuts.
- Spoon batter into the prepared tins; sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until golden and puffed.
- Immediately invert onto wire racks.
- Serve warm or cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Yummy! My 9 year old grand-daughter and I made these at lunch time - not many left!! I substituted extra-virgin olive oil for the butter, and we topped them with chopped macadamias, cinnamon and sugar, as suggested by another Foodie Fanatic - very effective. These are lovely light, moist muffins, and will be made many times in my kitchen! thank you. Tricia in Oz