Strawberry Daiquiri Cake
photo by kmarques77
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) package strawberry cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can frozen strawberry daiquiri concentrate (thawed)
- 1 (8 ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping (thawed)
- 1⁄2 pint strawberry
- Bake cake mix according to the directions on the box.
- After it comes out of the oven, while still warm, make holes in the cake and pour condensed milk over cake.
- Then pour daiquiri mix over that.
- It will take a while for the liquid to soak into cake.
- Let cool in refrigerator for 45 minutes or so.
- Then cover with cool whip and top with sliced strawberries.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Sinful is what my brother said. My girlfriend wanted a second piece. One of the reviewers said they were going to try mixing the milk and daiquiri together. [b]Please don't[/b] the reason is that it will not soak into the cake if you do it that way. Condensed milk needs to go on the warm cake first to soak in. I have been waiting a long time to make this cake and today was the day. Thank you for posting.
It was good, but I would definitely mix the condensed milk and the strawberry daiquiri mix together and then pour on the cake. There were areas where you would get a bite that was very sour. It was all daiquiri mix that somehow didn't mix enough with the condensed milk. Other than that it was great. I used fresh sweetened whipped cream for the top and not cool whip.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Walnut Ridge, Arkansas. I love to cook. When I am not busy being a nurse, I try to make homemade meals for my family. I collect cookbooks and all kinds of recipes from magazines and newspapers. Someday I would love to go to a culinary school to learn how to cook like the great chefs on t.v.