Strawberry Daiquiri Cake
I got this recipe from the Betty Crocker website. I haven't made it yet, but it's definitely on my list of things to make this summer. If you get to make this before I do, please let me know how it turns out.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package unsweetened strawberry drink mix
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 3⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries, thawed, undrained
- 8 fresh strawberries (to garnish, optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) container vanilla frosting (The Betty Crocker website recommends their Betty Crocker Pour & Frost type.)
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or spray bottom with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, drink mix (dry), 1 tablespoon lime peel, the rum extract, thawed strawberries and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes.
- If using the recommended frosting, uncover tub of frosting and remove foil. Microwave frosting on High 20 to 30 seconds or until pourable. Stir in 2 teaspoons lime peel. Pour frosting over cake; spread evenly. Serve warm or cool. Store loosely covered at room temperature. Just before serving, cut whole strawberries in half, leaving leaves on. Garnish cake with strawberry halves.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I'm going with 3 stars here based on the new Zaar concept of "liked it" that's associated with 3 stars. I had this recipe written down for quite awhile but hadn't tried and then found it posted here on Zaar. Finally made it this past week (7/21) for DSS's soccer party. It's an easy cake to put together and the flavor's decent. DH really liked it but I just thought it was OK and not something I'd hurry to make again. I did put the cake in the freezer prior to adding the frosting to hurry the cooling process. It's a beautiful color.Reply
see 1 more