Strawberry and Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This comes from my Parish House Inn Breakfast cookbook. Strawberry sauce to serve with is listed seperately
- Ready In:
- 12 slices bread
- 6 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 6 teaspoons jam (strawberry, or other variation)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- strawberry sauce ($notetemplate1$)
- spread cream cheese on 6 slices of bread and jam on other 6 slices, put together like a sandwich (can wrap and continue the next morning, if desired).
- mix eggs, milk, vanilla, and sugar.
- dip sandwiches in egg mixture, grill on both sides.
- cut diagonally, spoon sauce over wedges to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I was looking for a different kind of french toast, and I love the combo of strawberry and cream cheese. I scaled this down for two people, used low-sugar strawberry jam, neufchatel, and left out the sugar and vanilla in the egg dip. Topped with Redi-Wip. It tasted delicious! I'll definitely be making this again!Reply