Strawberries in the Snow Trifle
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This trifle is so good, very rich, but can easily be made with low fat or fat free ingredients. Use a large trifle bowl, or clear bowl for the best presentation. It makes a big batch, so cut if half if you don't want to feed a crowd.
- Ready In:
- 1 angel food cake, torn into bite size pieces
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 pints strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- Mix the water, sugar and cornstarch in a pan.
- bring to a boil over medium high heat and boil for one minute.
- remove from the heat and add the gelatin powder.
- Stir until blended.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Slice the berries, add to the jello mixture.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, blend the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.
- In a large bowl, add 1/3 the angel food cake, drizzle with 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture, then spread 1/4 of the cool whip over the top.
- Add 1/3 of the berries mixture to the bowl.
- Continue to layer until all the ingredients are used, ending with a layer of berries.
- Top with remaining cool whip.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Best if eaten the same day, if it sits overnight, it will be too soggy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION