Strawberries and Oranges in Syrup
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup basil, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs strawberries (about 2 pints)
- 4 oranges
- Bring water and sugar to a boil and cook until clear and sugar is dissolved (2-3 minutes). Let syrup cool briefly and add basil. Set aside to steep and cool.
- Wash strawberries, removing and discarding caps and then cut into quarters (or sixths if you have huge berries).
- Cut away the orange peel from the oranges, and then cut oranges into sections.
- Put the strawberries and orange pieces (and orange juice) in a bowl. Toss. Pour syrup over fruit. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and trying different foods, but my favorite cookbooks are now Weight Watchers or low fat/low cal cookbooks as I tend to try and make low fat/low cal recipes. I lost over 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and have maintained for over a year now -- so my cooking/eating habits have changed drastically following my weight loss and to keep it off!</p>