Stranger Things Strawberry Bubble Gum
Give your Valentine a taste of Dustin's must have snack: bubble gum. Printable candy carton templates can be found at: http://www.food.com/article/stranger-things-valentines-day-306
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons Kool-Aid, powder
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons xanthan gum, can be ordered online (gum base)
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- use $notetemplate1$ to gift your chewing gum
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add gum base, Kool-Aid and corn syrup. Microwave for 30 seconds and mix. Microwave an additional 30 seconds and mix again.
- Create a pile of sugar on a non-stick surface and funnel out the center with your hand. Pour in the (very hot) gum mixture and begin to mix in sugar as it cools. Mix and twist your gum over and over until most of the sugar is incorporated. The longer you do this the chewier your gum will be. Roll out in 1/2-inch thickness and using a pizza or pastry cutter, cut into desired shape. Lightly toss in a bit of icing sugar before placing in your Valentine candy carton (recipe #530168).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Love the idea, the photos, the printables....but...this recipe can not be correct. I just attempted it and either the ratios are incorrect or I'm seriously inept. Followed this to the letter, and I've used xanthan gum for years in many food applications. It seems the amount of xanthan gum is very high. If this recipe as is actually yielded that soft, supple looking gum in the photos Id be surprised.Reply