Stove Top Stuffed Bell Peppers
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
If you don't have an oven, this is the answer to stuffed peppers.
- Ready In:
- 4 medium red peppers or 4 medium green peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Cut off the stem ends of the peppers and remove the seeds.
- Mix the remaining ingredients, except for the parsley.
- Fill the peppers with the meat mixture.
- Place them in a deep kettle with about 1 inch of water.
- Cover and simmer, adding a little more water if necessary, for 45 minutes, or until the meat is done.
- Garnish with sprigs of parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION