Stir-Fried Rice With Pork
A very easy recipe. If you have left over rice and you are in a hurry this is the recipe to make. The rice needs to be cold in order to fry right. You can use less rice if you like or more hot pepper flakes if you like it really hot.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup diagonally sliced celery
- 2 cups diced pork roast
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups cold cooked rice (rice needs to be cold in order to fry right)
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- 2 -3 tablespoons soy sauce (to taste)
- Saute onions, celery and pork in oil until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Add rice and water chestnuts.
- Combine pepper, salt, egg and soy sauce. Stir into rice mixture.
- Cook, stirring 2-3 minutes or until heated.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very simple and good, I made extra rice the night before so that I would have enough for this dish. Although I am a fan of pork, I had garlic marinated chicken breast which I chose to use here. Other than that, as recipe. Always a favourite in our house, thank you, Catnip, much enjoyed, made for I Recommend tag game.Reply
see 1 more