Sticky Pear Pudding
- Ready In:
- Set oven to 180°C.
- With butter grease a 1.25-1.5 litre ovenproof dish, and arrange the pear halves, cut side up, in the dish.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl, stir in the sugar.
- Beat the egg into the milk, then beat egg mixture into the butter.
- Pour batter into the dry ingredients and whisk well with beater until smooth then pour batter over the pears and set aside.
- To make the sticky topping: Put the brown sugar and syrup into a small saucepan with 175ml cold water.
- Warm through over a medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves then
- increase the heat and bring to the boil without stirring. Take off the heat and immediately pour the sauce over the unbaked pudding.
- Sit buttered ovenproof dish in a baking tray half filled with water and bake for 45 minutes until the sponge is golden and sticky on top.
- Leave for 5 minutes before serving with cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I know what you mean about the pan! Next time I'm going with an oblong/rectangle pan. I used the correct size but it was bowl shaped. It didn't set up properly, imh. But it WAS pudding-ish. I was expecting firmer results. The caramel sauce sunk & mixed in vs. being a layer on top. Is that the way it's supposed to be? It was delicious, tho. Let's see what happens in a different pan... Made for Aussie Swap 4/12.