Sticky Orange Chicken
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup warm apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- ground cinnamon, a pinch
- freshly grated nutmeg
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (or 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaf, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- Place the potatoes in a pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil.
- Salt the water and cook the potatoes until tender, 15-18 minutes; once tender, drain and return to the hot pot.
- Mash with the cider and cream, then season with cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- While the potatoes cook, heat the oil in a cast-iron or stainless steel skillet.
- Add the chicken to the hot pan and cook for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and deglaze the pan with the vinegar.
- Whisk in the marmalade, stock, and herbs.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and turn it in the sauce to coat.
- Let the sauce thicken for 1-2 minutes, then serve the chicken and sauce with mashed sweet potatoes alongside.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!