Sticky Cucumber and Peanut Dipping Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Delicious sauce for coconut shrimp, egg rolls, skewered meat etc. Makes an impressive and authentic appetizer.
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Place the vinegar, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan and heat, stirring until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Boil for around 6-7 minutes or until a thin syrup has formed.
- Squeeze the grated cucumber to remove most of the liquid.
- When the syrup has cooled, add the cucumber, red onion, jalepeno, garlic, peanuts and cilantro.
- Mix together thoroughly. Serve at room temperature with fried or boiled shrimp, coconut shrimp, egg rolls, meat sate etc.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION