Steamed Eggplant With Minced Chicken in Rice Vinegar
This is a recipe from a local maid, a friend, who had learnt from her Japanese boss, simply steamed the eggplant , add vinegar, soya sauce and sugar. A very simple dish.
- Ready In:
- 3 small eggplants
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 stalks chopped spring onions
- 1 red chile, sliced
To marinate together
- 200 g minced chicken
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons light soya sauce
- 3 dashes white pepper powder
- 3 small eggplants or 1 large eggplant, cut in chunks, place on the steamer, add vinegar sauce(sugar to add into vinegar).
- Steam the eggplant till soft (about 20 minutes).
- Stir fry the marinated minced chicken, once cooked, pour over onto the steamed eggplant.
- Steamed another 10 minutes to have the juices from the chicken to dissolve into the eggplant.
- When ready, sprinkle spring onion and sliced chilli.
- Serve with other dishes.
- Serve with steamed rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION