Steak Slice With Lemon and Thyme ( Nigella Lawson)
- Ready In:
- 600 g rump steak (2.5 cm thick)
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves (5 stalks of thyme)
- 2 garlic cloves (bruised)
- 80 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon (Zest and juice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cut away fat from around the edge of the steak whilst you heat a griddle or heavey based pan.
- Brush the steaks with oil to prevent sticking and cook for 3 minutes a side plus 1 minutes each turned again.
- While steak is cooking place the thyme leaves, garlic, oil, and lemon zest & juice and salt and pepper in a wide shallow dish.
- Once steak is cooked place it in the dish of marinade for 4 minutes a side before removing it to a board and slicing thinly on the diagonal.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
im a community trainer specializing in food and allergies, vegan mum to 2 veggie squidges, theres loads more so see my site :)