Steak Fillet With Tarragon Cream Brandy Sauce
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 4 steak fillets (nice thick cut ones.)
- 2 onions, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon beef stock granules
- 3 teaspoons french creamy mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 180 ml double cream
- 120 ml light cream
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped finely (I did a generous tablespoon it was not quite 11/2 but a little over 1.)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Add sliced onion to a small pan with a little olive oil and cook until onion is soft and browned, can either be kept warm on stove or reheated in a microwave later.
- Add brandy, beef stock and mustard to a pan bring to the boil, whisk to blend mustard.
- Add garlic and both creams, mix a little water with cornflour, add to sauce stir until mixture boils and thickens, turn down heat.
- Add pepper, tarragon and juice stir to combine, keep sauce warm on a low heat, on the stove, stirring occasionally to prevent a skin forming over the top.
- Season steaks on both sides with salt and pepper, BBQ, Grill or pan fry until browned and cooked as desired.
- I like mine medium rare so when I have thick steaks like these, I sear each side for 2 minutes and then place in the oven for 15 minutes at 180°C.
- To Serve: Top each steak with some onion, pour sauce over and serve with whatever veg and starch you want. I served mine with creamed spinach.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a pilot based in Switzerland who loves to cook and experiment with all kinds of foods from around the world. <br /> <br />I love throwing parties and intimate dinner parties especially seeing how much people enjoy themselves. <br /> <br />I love the ooutdoors and sports and to travel, although I haven't crossed off every place I want to visit in the world. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/MEMBEROFTHEWEEK-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr336/jess4freedom/Zaar%20banners/ANZ-MakeMyRecipe.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pictSF7ey-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pick0GuXD-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n191/bb_babe626/AUST5.jpg alt= /></p> <p> </p> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/deb112.gif/][IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9095/deb112.gif[/IMG][/URL]</div> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]</div>