St. Patricks Day Grasshopper Fudge Cake
photo by Billy Green
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box Betty Crocker super moist white cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- 3 egg whites
- 12 drops green food coloring
- 2 (16 ounce) jars hot fudge topping
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 5 drops yellow food coloring
- Andes mints candies, unwrapped and cut into pieces
- Heat oven to 350F for shiny metal or glass 13x9 pan (or 325F for dark or nonstick 13x9 pan).
- Spray bottom only of pan with baking spray with flour.
- Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil, 1 1/2 tsp mint extract and the egg whites.
- Reserve 1 cup batter; stir 3 drops of the green food coloring into the reserved batter and set aside.
- Pour remaining batter into pan.
- Drop green batter by generous tablespoonfuls randomly in 12-14 mounds onto the batter in pan.
- Cut through batters with a metal spatula or knife in S-shaped curves in one continuous motion.
- Turn pan 1/4 turn; repeat cutting for swirled design.
- Bake 28-33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Run knife around side of pan to loosen cake.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Carefully spread fudge topping evenly over the cake.
- In medium bowl, stir whipped topping, remaining 1/2 tsp extract, remaining 9 drops of green food coloring and the yellow food coloring until blended.
- Spread whipped topping mixture evenly over fudge.
- Garnish with candy pieces.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I followed this recipe to a T and it was utterly inedible. The only redeeming thing was i plopped on a big scoop of vanilala ice cream to lessen the mint flavor. i t was extremely overpowering mint-wise. I kow I couldn';t have used too much because I had less that 1 teasoon in the bottle. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE GS thin mints and mint ice cream so I thought for sure this would be great. I dished this out to our guests and threw the rest away. my husband made me promise never to make it again.
see 2 more reviews