Spring Broad Beans in Yoghurt
New season beans are best to use.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups podded broad beans, new season ones are best
- 1 -2 clove crushed garlic
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- salt and black pepper
- Cover the beans with water and simmer until tender, the time can vary from a few minutes for very small beans or 20 minutes for more mature beans.
- Drain and slip any outer shells off any tough beans.
- Mix garlic and yoghurt together.
- Stir yoghurt mixture into the beans and season with the salt and pepper.
- Warm through gently and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
The broad beans are not ready yet so I used a tin of Lima beans. Love the garlic yogurt with the beans, I rinsed them well, mixed the garlic and yogurt then just spooned it over the beans and 20 minutes before dinner popped them into the oven. Lovely to have a different veggie for a change - Thanks for posting Evie*