Split Jam Cookies
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- red jelly or jam
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Cut in butter, unbeaten egg and vanilla.
- Form into dough. Place on lightly floured board.
- Divide into 4 equal parts. Shape into rolls 13" long x 3/4" thick. Place on ungreased cookie sheet 4" apart and 3" from edge.
- Make a depression with handle of knife about 1/3" deep lengthwise and down the center of each.
- Fill with red jelly or jam.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes.
- While warm, slice diagonally.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cooking, and reading Christian fiction..I have 5 grandchildren..4 boys and 1 spoiled granddaughter...I also have a black cocker spaniel named Tobey..who is very spoiled..Love computer games, cross stitch and reading cookbooks..I was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia almost a year ago, on September 26, 2005....was in an out of the hospital for 8 months, doing intensive chemo...I am doing well now, thanks for all the prayers...