Spinach Salad Blues
Although an unusual combination this really is a very delicious salad. I got the recipe from a Junior League cookbook, called Bay Tables, put out by the Junior League of Mobile, Ala. The dressing is very pretty and tastes wonderful!
- Ready In:
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 1⁄2 pints fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 bunches fresh spinach leaves
- 2⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Combine the shallot, 1/2 pint of the blueberries, salt, sugar, vinegar and oil in a blender and blend well.
- Trim the spinach and rinse well.
- Pat the spinach dry.
- Combine the spinach, remaining blueberries, blue cheese and pecans in a large salad bowl and toss to mix well.
- Add the blueberry vinaigrette just before serving and toss until well coated.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
AMAZING! We loved this! This is truly a terrific salad! I used white vinegar instead of raspberry because I didn't have any raspberry, and used a little bit of red onion instead of shallot for the same reasons. Also used frozen blueberries--again, no fresh. Still, it was truly delicious and the bleu cheese especially added the most perfect layer of "tang" to the salad as a whole. LOVED it! Thanks for posting!Reply