Spinach Corn Pie
This recipe is an adaptation of Argentine Spinach Pie from the More with Less Cookbook. The original recipe is made with swiss cheese and no corn, but I love corn and spinach together, so I added it in here. I also prefer the cheddar-jack combination for the cheese.
- Ready In:
- 1 double crust pie crust, unbaked
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen spinach, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- Line 9-inch pie plate with crust, prick with a fork.
- Saute onion in oil till tender.
- In a large bowl, mix spinach, corn, sauteed onion, seasonings, eggs and cheese.
- Pour spinach mixture into pie shell.
- Cover with top crust and seal, poke a few holes to vent steam.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This was excellent! I added about 1/4 cup more corn (had it to use) and left off the top crust, sprinkling with some breadcrumbs instead. The filling was fairly thin so I was afraid there would be too much crust vs. filling. Otherwise followed the recipe, using cheddar-jack cheese. The mix of seasonings was great and the filling/crust ratio was perfect for my taste w/ just one crust. Thanks for the recipe!