Spinach Artichoke Potato Cakes With Shrimp Scampi
photo by maternallyderanged
- Ready In:
8 Potato Cakes
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichokes, drained
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped (reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese, crumbled (4oz package)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb raw shrimp, cleaned
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown bacon along with onion and 1 tablespoon of minced garlic. About 5-6 minutes. Remove Bacon and Onion mixture to a plate and reserve bacon fat in skillet for potato cakes.
- In a large bowl combine the following ingredients: Artichoke Hearts, Spinach, 1/4 cup minus 2 tablespoons of the Fresh Basil, Red Bell Pepper, Bacon and Yellow Onion mixture, Goat Cheese, Beaten Eggs, Flour and Mashed Potatoes. Fold generously to incorporate well.
- Using the skillet from the Bacon, over medium low heat. Spoon generous amounts, about 1/2 cup of the potato mixture. Flatten out gently with the back of a spatula. Allow cakes to brown on each side, approximately 2 minutes each side, flipping the cakes once. Repeat this process, recipe yields about 8 yummy potato cakes. Season with a sprinkling of Salt and Pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine diced tomato with the remaining fresh basil. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside for garnish.
- In a medium skillet over medium low heat, melt butter with remaining minced garlic. Add in raw shrimp, and sautee turning shrimp frequently, until fully cooked. About 6-8 minutes.
- To serve, plate 2 Potato Cakes and about 1/4 of the Shrimp Scampi. Garnish with Fresh Diced Tomatoes and Serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!