Spinach and Prosciutto Rolls
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 9 -10 lasagna noodles
- 3 cups Fontina cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 9 -10 slices prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and pat dry.
- Combine 2 1/2 cups Fontina cheese, egg, spinach, ricotta and parmesan in a small bowl.
- Spread each lasagna noodle with cheese mixture, lay on one slice of prosciutto lenghtwise along each noodle.
- Roll up each noodle and place seam side down in a baking dish.
- Drizzle each roll with melted butter.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Sprinkle with reserved Fontina cheese and return to oven, uncovered, for about 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Fabulous filling: if you love spinach, cheese and prosciutto, what's not to love! :) I used low-fat ricotta - still very creamy - and allowed myself to enjoy the melted butter indulgence with less guilt! My only additions were a tablespoon of minced garlic and some oregano and thyme. Smelt wonderful while cooking and the taste more than lived up to the aromas while this was cooking. Certainly a recipe I'll be making again - in larger quantities next time as this is a dish that would freeze well. Thank you, Kim, for sharing this recipe. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Molson 6/13/1993 - 1/2/2007 <br /><br />You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us. ~Robert Louis Stevenson <br /><br /><br /><br />PARTICIPATION BANNERS: <br /><img src=http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/calendar%20clips/Copyofsoybean.jpg border=0 alt=tag /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/RSC%20Banners/RSC11-Kim.jpg alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2237/2417939508_a2fe6ca1d6.jpg?v=0 alt=Rosemary Herb for January 2008 /> <img src=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2140/2418175268_0be79b1528.jpg?v=0 alt=Cumin Herb for February 2008 /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/garden%20forum%20sage.JPG alt= /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cinnamonchallenge.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3070/2821533761_69a8a5ea82.jpg?v=0 alt= /> <br /><a href=http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/starrynews/?action=view?t=oregano1.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/starrynews/oregano1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a> <br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%203/ZWT3-Participation.gif alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/akplongmeadow/AdoptATag2-2-1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p>