Spinach and Potatoes from Southern Africa
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs spinach, cleaned and torn
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 -2 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- Place greens in a large pot, place potatoes over the greens and add enough broth to fill pot to a depth of one inch. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover.
- Let cook for 30 minutes or until potatoes are steamed tender. Add additional broth as necessary to prevent the pot from becoming dry.
- When the potatoes and greens are fully cooked, mash them together with a potato masher and season to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Julie, and I love to cook. I've even gotten to the point where I don't mind the dishes!