Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 (12 ounce) box jumbo pasta shells (or more if you plan to double the recipe and freeze one casserole)
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, Minced
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 2⁄3 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, Lightly Beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 cups prepared spaghetti sauce (again more if you plan to double the recipe)
- Cook Shells according to package directions. Be careful not to overcook them or they will tear easily. Drain and set shells out so they don't stick together.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 9 x 13 baking dish (2 if you are doubling the recipe).
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except spaghetti sauce and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Spoon into shells.
- Spread a small layer of spaghetti sauce in bottom of casserole dish. Arrange filled shells over sauce and top with remaining sauce. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. (If you are making one to freeze - freeze after this step.).
- Bake covered for 40 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and bake uncovered for 5 to 10 more minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!