Spiderweb Deviled Eggs
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
12 Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs
- black food coloring
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup whole pitted black olives
- Place 6 eggs in a pot, cover with water. Bring to a boil then continue cooking 10-12 minutes.
- Remove eggs and rinse in cold water.
- Crack the shells, gently, with the back of a spoon. Do not remove shells.
- Add 2 cups of water and a 4-5 drops of black food coloring to a bowl and submerge eggs. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove eggs from water and carefully de-shell, revealing spider-web-looking eggs.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Slip out yolks and mash in a small bowl. Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Pipe or spoon filling into each egg half.
- Cut a whole olive in half lengthwise. Put one half on mashed yolk for the spider’s body. Thinly slice the other half for the spider’s legs. Place four legs on each side of the body.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!