Spicy Swiss Chard & Beans
photo by Derf2440
- Ready In:
- 2 bunches swiss chard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans or (15 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons green hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Remove stems from swiss chard; coarsely chop swiss chard leaves.
- Heat oil in 5-quart dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add swiss chard.
- Cook until wilted, but still bright green, stirring frequently.
- Stir in beans, green pepper sauce and salt.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture is heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this because it was simple and because I've had a bottle of that green jalapeno Tabasco sauce in my cupboard forever that I couldn't figure out how to use. I may make it again just because it was good. There are some other white-bean-and-greens recipes on here that call for Italian seasonings. The sharp green Tabasco gave this one a soul food tang, like collard greens with a vinegary hot sauce. The Italian version might be eaten with polenta. With this one you could try buttermilk cornbread, or maybe grits. I ate it with whole wheat pita, and that was pretty good too.