Spicy Potato, Beef and Bean Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 6 cups peeled diced potatoes
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon italian seasoning (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste
- Peel your potatoes and cut them into large but stilll bite-size chunks. Place them in a large (8 cup) measuring cup until the 6 cup line is reached. Cover them with cold water and place in the refrigerator to prevent them from turning brown until you are ready for them.
- In a large stock pot, brown your ground beef and drain off the fat. Add in all seasonings and tomato sauce over medium heat - mix well.
- Drain water from potatoes and add into the stock pot along with the beans (you can drain them if you like - I usually don't), and the broths.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered for an hour or so, until the potatoes are really tender and all the flavors have melded together.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!