Spicy Molten Blue Cheese Dip
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream or 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce, more for serving if desired
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces blue cheese (about 1 cup, crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place cream cheese in bowl of a food processor and pulse to soften.
- Using a mortar and pestle or flat part of a knife, mash garlic and salt together until it forms a paste. Place paste in food processor along with cream, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and pepper. Run motor until mixture is smooth. Add blue cheese and chives and pulse just to combine.
- Scrape mixture into a small (1-quart or smaller) gratin dish or baking pan, and bake until dip is melted and bubbling, 30 to 40 minutes. Sprinkle extra hot sauce on top, if desired, and serve hot or warm, with celery sticks and chips or chicken wings if you like.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!