Spicy Meatball Skillet
photo by limeandspoontt
- Ready In:
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, loose, removed from casings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional for serving
- 12 ounces linguine, broken in half
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 cups marinara sauce
- fresh basil, for serving
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced (optional)
- Form sausage into sixteen 1 ½-inch meatballs.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and swirl to coat. When smoking, add meatballs. Sear, flipping halfway through and only when meatballs release from skillet, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add linguine, chicken broth, and marinara. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, for 7-8 minutes, until noodles are al dente. Drizzle skillet with olive oil and serve immediately, garnished with basil and parmesan. Optional: top with slices of mozzarella and transfer to broiler until cheese is bubbling and golden in spots, about 3-4 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!