photo by Erin Justice
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup dried red lentils or 1 cup dried brown lentils
- 3 cups water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sauté onion in oil until tender.
- Stir in ginger and cumin, sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add lentils, water and salt.
- Heat to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered for 15 minutes.
- If the lentils are soft, uncover and gently boil until most of the liquid evaporates.
- If the lentils are not yet tender, continue to cook, partially covered, testing every 10 minutes or so.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and lemon juice.
- Serve warm with brown rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Self Employed 3D Artist