Spicy Hummus Dip
- Ready In:
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1⁄4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne
- black pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo (optional)
- mint or dill weed
- Drain chick peas and reserve liquid.
- In a blender or food processor, process all ingredients until smooth, adding 2-3 T.
- of reserved liquid to give the mixture a mayonnaise like consistency.
- Chill to thicken and allow flavours to blend.
- Top with fresh herbs and serve with pita or bagel chips, or raw vegetables.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!