Spicy Chicken Pepper Pasta
photo by Amanda Beth
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons oil (canola, olive)
- 3⁄4 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (19 fluid ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 lb linguine
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- Heat oil in large fry pan on medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and garlic; cook 4- 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently.
- Add carrot, onion, bell peppers, tomatoes and red pepper flakes; stir.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 8- 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook until tender.
- Stir half of the cheese into sauce; spoon over drained pasta.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle with addiional red pepper flakes, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is really, really good. I love how the flavors blend together. Plus, it is so simple! Don't forget to start your water to boiling as soon as you start cooking. I forgot, and my sauce cooked a little longer than it should have. But it still turned out great! It's a very forgiving recipe. I subbed cayenne and chili powders for the red pepper flakes, because I realized as I was cooking that I was out. Next time, I will use a green pepper in place of the red, so I can have more color. This is a great recipe; I'm so glad I tried it! ETA 7/8/06: Still loving it! The first few times I made this, DH complained that the sauce didn't stick to the spaghetti. I found that I was not simmering the sauce long enough. Teach me to try and speed up dinner! Great recipe, and so pretty. The picture does not do it justice, but I hope you enjoy anyway!