Spiced Apple Chutney
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Put all the ingredients into a preserving pan. Slowly bring to the boil until the sugar has dissolved.
- Simmer for 1½-2 hours, stirring from time to time to stop the chutney sticking to the pan.
- When it is very thick and you can draw a wooden spoon across the base of the pan so that it leaves a channel behind it that does not immediately fill with liquid, the chutney is ready.
- Turn into sterilised jars, seal and cool.
- Store in a cool, dark cupboard for two to three months before eating.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in the Somerset countryside, cook on an AGA and keep a few chickens. This year I am growing veggies as well and it's been a success so far:-) I'm also a keen knitter. You can see more on my blog. <br /> <br /> I like cooking old fashioned dishes like stews and casseroles, I don't eat much meat but I do like cheese and chocolate :-) <br /> <br /><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg alt= /></p>