Spice-Rubbed Turkey With Garlic-Pear Puree
photo by Mary Jenny
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 lb) turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 ripe bosc pears, peeled, cut in 1/2- inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Prepare turkey as per package instructions. Brush skin with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Combine mustard, sage, garlic powder, marjoram, thyme, paprika, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture over the turkey.
- Follow roasting directions on package. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, combine pears, garlic, wine and brown sugar in medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat then reduce to medium-low. Cook 25 minutes, or until pears are very tender and most of wine has evaporated. Place pear mixture into food processor container fitted with steel blade; process until smooth. With machine running, slowly add remaining 1/4 cup olive oil through feed tube to make a smooth and creamy puree. Pour into medium bowl. Stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Carve turkey. Serve with Garlic-Pear Puree.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!