Spanish Rice and Prawn One Pot
This recipe from BBC Good Food is a quickie version of paella. It is made with basmati rice which shortens the cooking time considerably. It is a great recipe for a weeknight meal and it reheats well. In fact, it tastes better the second time around!
- Ready In:
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 ounces chorizo sausage, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 9 ounces basmati rice
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 8 ounces prawns, peeled and defrosted (if frozen)
- In a non-stick frying pan, fry the onion, peppers, chorizo and garlic in the oil over high heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the rice, tomatoes and boiling water.
- Cover and cook over high heat for 12 minutes.
- Uncover and stir - the rice should almost be tender at this point.
- Stir in the prawns, with a bit more water if the rice looks dry.
- Cook for another minute until the prawns are just pink and the rice tender.