Spanish Marinated Olives
These olives are simple to make, spicy from red pepper flakes and fruity with the aroma of lemon and orange.
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 10mins
- 1 lb assorted good imported olive (Kalamata, Nicoise, Spanish, Cracked Green, etc.)
- 8 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1⁄2 orange, zest of, cut into 1/2 inch julienne
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of, cut into 1/2 inch julienne
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and marinate at room temperature at least 24 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These were great and I'll definitely make them again! My only word of caution - the seeds add a lot of crunch to the olives, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but doesn't suit my own tastes. The seeds did soften over time, and it was easy enough to brush most of them off before eating. I had these in the fridge for two weeks, and they only improved with time.